Apple & Pear Crumble - Gluten Free & Refined Sugar Free
Write a review
- 4 large granny smith apples
- 4 large bartlett pears
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp arrowroot powder*
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 nutmeg
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup certified gluten free oats
- 1/2 cup of "cup 4 cup" gluten free flour**
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar***
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tsp vanilla
- dash of salt
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Peel the apples and pears and cut in cubes. Place in 9X13 baking dish and add the remaining filling ingredients and mix well.
- Melt the butter and once melted mix in all remaining topping ingredients. Mix well until you get a thick paste like consistency.
- Drop the topping by spoonful evenly over the fruit and use your fingers to spread it as best you can. The mixture will be sticky so it's ok if not all the fruit gets covered.
- Bake at 375°F for approx. 45 minutes until golden and bubbly.
- Serve warm with your favourite ice cream. Next time we make it, we'll drizzle salted caramel on top!
- * can use cornstarch
- **can use regular all purpose flour. I used the "cup 4 cup" gluten free flour mix from Bulk Barn
- ***can use brown sugar but maybe use slightly less as it's sweeter than coconut sugar