Strawberries & Figs – aren’t they gorgeous together?
I came across a post yesterday for fig & honey jam which was sweetened with coconut sugar & honey, no refined sugar! YAY!
But for some reason I kept thinking “Strawberries & figs” , it just seemed to be the perfect mix. So I decided to give it a shot and tweaked the above recipe based on the ingredients I had on hand.
I’m so so soooooooo happy with how it turned out!
- 1 lb of fresh figs, stems removed and quartered
- 1/2 lb of fresh strawberries, tops reoved and quartered
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar (can use cane sugar)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Add all the ingredients in a sauce pan and bring to a boil, stirring often.
- Reduce heat so that it keeps boiling, just not so intense. You also don't want just a simmer.
- Keep cooking until it thickens, which could take 60-90 minutes - BE PATIENT!
- Once thickened, pour into a jar, let cool and refrigerate.